|Wood County Fire School is pleased to announce a Pump Operations course.
Location: Wood County Training Center (2311 Camden Ave., Parkersburg, WV 26101)
Dates: June 26-27, 2021
Times: 0800-1600 daily
Description: Pumps Operations (16 hours) (Open to Junior Firefighters)
This class is designed for new operators. The session will cover pump operation and general knowledge of pumps and equipment; such as relief valves, proper pumper positioning, appliances needed to supply water to and from a fire apparatus. This includes drafting from static water sources, dry hydrants and relay operations.
Please note: There have been questions about if the class is only open to Wood County individuals. This class IS open to anyone.
Equipment Needed: Turn Out Gear
Instructors: Paul Jordan (Deputy Chief, Williamstown Fire Company) & Steve Scholl (Chief, Vienna VFD)
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED. CLASS IS LIMITED TO 25 STUDENTS.
To Register: Follow the guidelines in the attached document using the course number in this posting. WVPST is adopting a new registration platform that we believe will be more user-friendly. Should you have any issues, please contact Eva Godbey at email@example.com.
Course Number: 21-570-05
If you don’t have an account, click Register.
- Under location, select the correct region of your home base.
- Mid-Ohio Valley: Calhoun, Gilmer, Jackson, Mason, Putnam, Roane, Wirt, Wood
- Southwestern: Boone, Cabell, Clay, Kanawha, Lincoln, Logan, Mingo, Wayne
- Complete all of the information.
- Verify account through the email you receive from PSTachio.
- Once you have verified your account, the respective PST regional Coordinator and Specialist will receive a notification to approve your account.
- After your account has been approved, you need to log in using the email address and password you set up.
- Click Registration
- Enter the course number provided to you for the respective course.
- Ex. Mid-Ohio Valley 21-XXX-05
- Ex. Southwestern 21-XXX-03
- Press Enter after the course number is entered
- Click Register
- You should be rerouted to your Transcript.
**If you have taken PST courses but have never created an account or try to register and are prompted with an account already exists for that username, contact your local PST for a password reset.
**Using the email address and password will allow you to review your transcript for all PST classes you have taken since July 2016, provided you have used the same email address for each region. If you have taken a class and received a certificate, but it doesn’t show up on your transcript, contact the PST office for the area you took the course.