|WV Public Service Training will be offering an Emergency Medical Technician course beginning July 5, 2021 through July 23, 2021 from 0900-1700 daily at Logan Emergency Ambulance Service Authority (511 Dingess St, Logan, WV 25601).
Location: LEASA (511 Dingess St., Logan, WV 25601)
Days: Monday through Friday
Cost: FREE to WV residents from a grant through Jobs & Hope WV to include tuition, textbook, and the first attempt at the National Registry exam.
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED. CLASS IS LIMITED TO 25 STUDENTS.
Instructor: Ray Bryant
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be eligible to sit for the National Registry of EMTs exam, with the initial exam attempt, as mentioned above, being included within the course tuition. This test will be scheduled at your convenience at a Pearson Vue testing center. If seeking certification in a state other than WV, you will not need to complete the WV certification process/fees, and will simply need to pass practical testing and NREMT examination before proceeding with the certification process in your desired state.
Absence allowance is 10% of the total class hours = 15 hours. Make up of missed classes will be at the discretion of the course instructor.
To Register: Follow the guidelines in the attached document using the course number in this posting. WVPST is adopting a new registration platform that we believe will be more user-friendly. Should you have any issues, please contact Eva Godbey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: 22-002-03
If you don’t have an account, click Register.
- Under location, select the correct region of your home base.
- Mid-Ohio Valley: Calhoun, Gilmer, Jackson, Mason, Putnam, Roane, Wirt, Wood
- Southwestern: Boone, Cabell, Clay, Kanawha, Lincoln, Logan, Mingo, Wayne
- Complete all of the information.
- Verify account through the email you receive from PSTachio.
- Once you have verified your account, the respective PST regional Coordinator and Specialist will receive a notification to approve your account.
- After your account has been approved, you need to log in using the email address and password you set up.
- Click Registration
- Enter the course number provided to you for the respective course.
- Ex. Mid-Ohio Valley 21-XXX-05
- Ex. Southwestern 21-XXX-03
- Press Enter after the course number is entered
- Click Register
- You should be rerouted to your Transcript.
**If you have taken PST courses but have never created an account or try to register and are prompted with an account already exists for that username, contact your local PST for a password reset.
**Using the email address and password will allow you to review your transcript for all PST classes you have taken since July 2016, provided you have used the same email address for each region. If you have taken a class and received a certificate, but it doesn’t show up on your transcript, contact the PST office for the area you took the course.