Date(s) - January 18
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Parkersburg Fire Station 6
WVPST & Wood County Fire School are pleased to announce Code Grey class will be held January 18, 2020 at the Parkersburg Fire Dept. Training Center from 9-5 each day. If you plan to take this course, please complete the registration form attached.
It’s no secret that first responders are under stress. Unfortunately, this stress often goes unrecognized, unacknowledged, and unmanaged, which can result in health problems, family conflict, emotional detachment, PTSD, and even early retirement.
This presentation provides an in
depth look at the following:
• Different types of stress and stress reactions
• The impact of first responder culture
• Ways first responders can protect themselves and each other from helper fatigue, burnout, and PTSD
• The role of leadership in creating a trauma informed workplace
• How to seek professional help
Instructor: Kari Mika-Lude, Licensed Therapist & Allen Lude, Firefighter
Please note: There has been question about if the class is only open to Wood County individuals. This class IS open to anyone.
Cost is $20/person.
Pre-Registration Deadline is January 17, 2020
The first 20 registered for the class will receive a FREE T-Shirt!
To pre-register, please contact Eva Godbey at email@example.com or (304) 766-0011 ext. 22