Date(s) - January 14
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Valley Fire & Rescue
WVPST is pleased to announce a Rope Rescue Awareness, Rope Rescue Operations, and Rope Rescue Technician class. Rope Awareness and Operations will be covered January 14 & 15, 2023. Rope Technician will be covered January 21-22, 2023.
When: January 14, 15, 21, and 22, 2023
Time: 0900-2100 daily
Where: Valley Fire & Rescue (28409 Huntington Rd., Apple Grove, WV 25502)
Instructor: Ritchie Gobble & Corey Carr
Tuition: $45/person per weekend or $90/person for both weekends
Class Size: 20 seats each class
The rope rescue awareness/operations course is to be taught in a 24-hour format and cover the material and skills for NFPA 1006 Chapter 5 JPR’s 5.1.1 through 5.1.5 and 5.2.1 through 5.2.24, and High-Angle Rope Rescue Techniques 4th edition chapters 1-8, 11-13 and 16-18.
The rope rescue technician course is to be taught in a 20-hour format and cover the material and skills for NFPA 1006 Chapter 5 JPR’s 5.3.1 through 5.3.11, and High-Angle Rope Rescue Techniques 4th edition chapters 9, 10, 14, 15 and 20. Prerequisite is Rope Rescue Level 1, NFPA 1006 Chapter 6, OR WVU-FSE Rescue Core Course, OR Rope Rescue Low and High Angle Operations.
Equipment needs: Helmets, Gloves, Proper Footwear (IF YOU QUESTION IT, DON’T WEAR IT!), and Harnesses both weekends. Class II harness for first weekend and Class III for the second weekend.
Please practice basic knots prior to coming to class!
To Register: Follow the guidelines in the attached document using the course number in this posting. WVPST is adopting a new registration platform that we believe will be more user-friendly. Should you have any issues, please contact Eva Godbey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link: www.pstachio.wvnet.edu (If link doesn’t work, use Google Chrome and search PSTachio.wvnet.edu)
Awareness: 23-040-05 WVPST Parkersburg
Operations: 23-041-05 WVPST Parkersburg
Technician: 23-042-05 WVPST Parkersburg
If you have any questions or issues registering, please contact Eva Godbey at email@example.com
PST Class Registrations
Go to: https://pstachio.wvnet.edu/
If you don’t have an account, click Register.
- Under location, select the correct region of the hosted class.
- Parkersburg: Calhoun, Gilmer, Jackson, Mason, Putnam, Roane, Wirt, Wood
- Charleston: Boone, Cabell, Clay, Kanawha, Lincoln, Logan, Mingo, Wayne
- Complete all of the information.
- WVOEMS # is not applicable, if you do not have a WVOEMS account
- Verify account through the email you receive from PSTachio.
- Once you have verified your account, the respective PST Regional Coordinator and Specialist will receive a notification to approve your account.
- After your account has been approved, you need to log in using the email address and password you set up.
- Click Registration
- Enter the course number provided to you for the respective course.
- Parkersburg 21-XXX-05
- Charleston 21-XXX-03
- Press Enter after the course number is entered
- Click Register
- You should be rerouted to your Transcript.
**If you have taken PST courses but have never created an account or try to register and are prompted with an account already exists for that username, contact your local PST for a password reset.
**Using the email address and password will allow you to review your transcript for all PST classes you have taken since July 2016, provided you have used the same email address for each region. If you have taken a class and received a certificate, but it doesn’t show up on your transcript, contact the PST office for the area you took the course.
**If you are unable to log in, please contact Eva Godbey for a password reset. Eva.firstname.lastname@example.org or (304) 766-0011 ext. 22.