Date(s) - January 24
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
WVPST is pleased to announce a Firefighter 1 class.
The 120-hour Fire Fighter 1 class meets NFPA 1001, 2019 edition. The class includes NFPA 1001 2019 FF 1 Standard, HazMat Awareness/Operations, and First Aid/CPR. The text is Jones & Bartlett “Fundamentals of Fire Fighter Skills and Hazardous Materials Response 4th Edition” by Jones and Bartlett – Advantage Access. Successful completion of this class provides the minimum requirements by the WV State Fire Commission to respond to fire calls.
Location: Ona VFD (2900 Howells Mill Rd., Ona, WV 25545)
Dates: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays starting January 24, 2023 (Planned Class Dates: January 24, 26, 28, 29, 31, February 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, and 26)
Times: 1800-2200 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 0900-1700 on Saturdays and Sundays
Instructor (s): Zach Adkins
Fee: Tuition: $45; Textbook: $75; and Supply Fee (If applicable): $100
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE AND BE A MEMBER OF A FIRE DEPARTMENT TO BE ELIGIBLE TO TAKE THIS COURSE!!!
To Register: Follow the guidelines in the attached document using the course number in this posting. WVPST is adopting a new registration platform that we believe will be more user-friendly. Should you have any issues, please contact Eva Godbey at email@example.com.
Link: www.pstachio.wvnet.edu (If link doesn’t work, use Google Chrome and search PSTachio.wvnet.edu)
Course ID: 23-067-03 WVPST Charleston
If you have any questions or issues registering, please contact Eva Godbey at firstname.lastname@example.org
PST Class Registrations
Go to: https://pstachio.wvnet.edu/
If you don’t have an account, click Register.
- Under location, select the correct region of the hosted class.
- Parkersburg: Calhoun, Gilmer, Jackson, Mason, Putnam, Roane, Wirt, Wood
- Charleston: Boone, Cabell, Clay, Kanawha, Lincoln, Logan, Mingo, Wayne
- Complete all of the information.
- WVOEMS # is not applicable, if you do not have a WVOEMS account
- Verify account through the email you receive from PSTachio.
- Once you have verified your account, the respective PST Regional Coordinator and Specialist will receive a notification to approve your account.
- After your account has been approved, you need to log in using the email address and password you set up.
- Click Registration
- Enter the course number provided to you for the respective course.
- Parkersburg 21-XXX-05
- Charleston 21-XXX-03
- Press Enter after the course number is entered
- Click Register
- You should be rerouted to your Transcript.
**If you have taken PST courses but have never created an account or try to register and are prompted with an account already exists for that username, contact your local PST for a password reset.
**Using the email address and password will allow you to review your transcript for all PST classes you have taken since July 2016, provided you have used the same email address for each region. If you have taken a class and received a certificate, but it doesn’t show up on your transcript, contact the PST office for the area you took the course.
**If you are unable to log in, please contact Eva Godbey for a password reset. Eva.email@example.com or (304) 766-0011 ext. 22.