Fire Officer 1 & 2
Date(s) - February 04
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Mineral Wells VFD
WVPST is pleased to announce a blended Fire Officer 1 & 2 class.
Where: Mineral Wells VFD (1695 Elizabeth Pike, Mineral Wells, WV 26150)
When: Saturdays and Sundays February 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, and 26, 2023
Time: 0800-1600 on Saturdays – February 4, 11, 18, and 25; 1300-1700 on Sundays – February 5, 12, 19, and 26
Instructor: Rick Armstrong
Tuition & Textbook: $220/person
The combined Fire Officer 1 and Fire Officer 2 class meets NFPA 1021, 2020 edition. The text is Jones and Bartlett “Fire Officer Principles and Practice” Fourth Edition Premier Access. Participants are required to complete a significant amount of classwork outside of scheduled classes. Participants must attend at least 90% of the classroom instruction, complete the workbook, complete all homework assignments, take chapter quizzes, take the final tests, and score overall 70% or higher. Chapter quizzes will be 10% of the grade. The Portfolios (homework assignments) will be 20% of the grade. The Workbook will be 20% of the grade. The Final Test will be 50% of the grade.
Prerequisites: Fire Fighter I & II (Must send copies of certificates prior to the first day of class to Eva Godbey at email@example.com.)
Junior fire fighters are not permitted to attend this course.
***You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you when you come to class. You will be able to test at your local PST office.***
To Register: Follow the guidelines in the attached document using the course number in this posting. WVPST is adopting a new registration platform that we believe will be more user-friendly. Should you have any issues, please contact Eva Godbey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link: www.pstachio.wvnet.edu (If link doesn’t work, use Google Chrome and search PSTachio.wvnet.edu)
Course ID: 23-304-05 WVPST Parkersburg
If you have any questions or issues registering, please contact Eva Godbey at email@example.com
PST Class Registrations
Go to: https://pstachio.wvnet.edu/
If you don’t have an account, click Register.
- Under location, select the correct region of the hosted class.
- Parkersburg: Calhoun, Gilmer, Jackson, Mason, Putnam, Roane, Wirt, Wood
- Charleston: Boone, Cabell, Clay, Kanawha, Lincoln, Logan, Mingo, Wayne
- Complete all of the information.
- WVOEMS # is not applicable, if you do not have a WVOEMS account
- Verify account through the email you receive from PSTachio.
- Once you have verified your account, the respective PST Regional Coordinator and Specialist will receive a notification to approve your account.
- After your account has been approved, you need to log in using the email address and password you set up.
- Click Registration
- Enter the course number provided to you for the respective course.
- Parkersburg 21-XXX-05
- Charleston 21-XXX-03
- Press Enter after the course number is entered
- Click Register
- You should be rerouted to your Transcript.
**If you have taken PST courses but have never created an account or try to register and are prompted with an account already exists for that username, contact your local PST for a password reset.
**Using the email address and password will allow you to review your transcript for all PST classes you have taken since July 2016, provided you have used the same email address for each region. If you have taken a class and received a certificate, but it doesn’t show up on your transcript, contact the PST office for the area you took the course.
**If you are unable to log in, please contact Eva Godbey for a password reset. Eva.firstname.lastname@example.org or (304) 766-0011 ext. 22.