Date(s) - October 12
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
WVPST Southwest & Mid-Ohio Valley regions will be conducting an Extrication College at Jefferson Volunteer Fire Department on October 12, 19 and 26, 2019 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Cost: $45.00 per person
Lead Instructors: Paul Niedbalski & Steve Cavender
Students will be challenged to work in teams to respond to increasingly complex and advanced rescue scenarios. Rescue scenarios to be covered are:
- Vehicles off their wheels
- Penetrations/Heavy entrapment
- Use of lifting airbags for rescue
- Semi Trucks/Buses/Heavy Vehicles
- Multiple Vehicles/Extrication Triage
- “Over the Embankment” extrication (participants must have basic rope rescue)
- Using Heavy Wreckers for Lifting, Rigging and Extrication
Local participants may bring and use their own Rescue Truck and equipment.
Required PPE: NFPA 1670 equipment for technical rescue or traditional turnout gear.