Date(s) - September 10
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Parkersburg Fire Station 6
WVPST, in partnership with Wood County Fire School, is pleased to announce a Confined Space Level 1 Course on September 10-11, 2022 from 9-5 each day. The current schedule with registration numbers are listed below.
Description: This course is designed for personnel who will respond to and perform limited entry and rescue operations or support technician level personnel during confined space entry and rescue operations. At the completion of this course, the student shall learn how to protect themselves, their team and their victims from the hazards within a confined space. Student will learn how to recognize and size up spaces and manage incidents appropriately, using the guidelines defined by NFPA and OSHA. Areas of focus will include environmental considerations, structural concerns, personal protective gear required and safety.
Topics: OSHA Regulations, Definitions, Permits, Air monitoring, Rope and Rope systems, Confined Space Equipment, Patient Packaging, Rescue and Removal.
Where: Wood County Training Center
When: September 10-11, 2022
Instructor: Travis Sandford & Dave Ross
Equipment Needed: Gloves, Boots, and Eye Protection
To Register: Follow the guidelines in the attached document using the course number in this posting. WVPST is adopting a new registration platform that we believe will be more user-friendly. Should you have any issues, please contact Eva Godbey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link: www.pstachio.wvnet.edu (If link doesn’t work, use Google Chrome and search PSTachio.wvnet.edu)
Course ID: 23-007-05 WVPST Parkersburg
If you have any questions or issues registering, please contact Eva Godbey at email@example.com
PST Class Registrations
Go to: https://pstachio.wvnet.edu/
If you don’t have an account, click Register.
- Under location, select the correct region of the hosted class.
- Parkersburg: Calhoun, Gilmer, Jackson, Mason, Putnam, Roane, Wirt, Wood
- Charleston: Boone, Cabell, Clay, Kanawha, Lincoln, Logan, Mingo, Wayne
- Complete all of the information.
- WVOEMS # is not applicable, if you do not have a WVOEMS account
- Verify account through the email you receive from PSTachio.
- Once you have verified your account, the respective PST Regional Coordinator and Specialist will receive a notification to approve your account.
- After your account has been approved, you need to log in using the email address and password you set up.
- Click Registration
- Enter the course number provided to you for the respective course.
- Parkersburg 21-XXX-05
- Charleston 21-XXX-03
- Press Enter after the course number is entered
- Click Register
- You should be rerouted to your Transcript.
**If you have taken PST courses but have never created an account or try to register and are prompted with an account already exists for that username, contact your local PST for a password reset.
**Using the email address and password will allow you to review your transcript for all PST classes you have taken since July 2016, provided you have used the same email address for each region. If you have taken a class and received a certificate, but it doesn’t show up on your transcript, contact the PST office for the area you took the course.
**If you are unable to log in, please contact Eva Godbey for a password reset. Eva.firstname.lastname@example.org or (304) 766-0011 ext. 22.