Date(s) - November 12
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Valley Fire & Rescue
WV Public Service Training is pleased to partner with Valley Fire & Rescue to provide you Ohio Valley Training Weekends. Each month, Valley will host a different class to enhance training. Attached, you will find the planned 2022 schedule. Each month, the next month’s course will be advertised and registration opened.
November’s Training Will Be: Advanced Pump Operations
Description: Pumps Operations (16 hours) (Open to Junior Firefighters)
This class is designed for new operators. The session will cover pump operation and general knowledge of pumps and equipment; such as relief valves, proper pumper positioning, appliances needed to supply water to and from a fire apparatus. This includes drafting from static water sources, dry hydrants and relay operations.
Equipment Needed: Turn Out Gear
Location: Valley Fire & Rescue (28409 Huntington Rd., Apple Grove, WV 25502)
Date: November 12-13, 2022
Instructor: Paul Jordan (Deputy Chief, Williamstown Fire Company) & Steve Scholl (Chief, Vienna VFD)
To Register: Follow the guidelines in the attached document using the course number in this posting. WVPST is adopting a new registration platform that we believe will be more user-friendly. Should you have any issues, please contact Eva Godbey at email@example.com.
Link: www.pstachio.wvnet.edu (If link doesn’t work, use Google Chrome and search PSTachio.wvnet.edu)
Course ID: 23-003-05 WVPST Parkersburg
If you have any questions or issues registering, please contact Eva Godbey at firstname.lastname@example.org
PST Class Registrations
Go to: https://pstachio.wvnet.edu/
If you don’t have an account, click Register.
- Under location, select the correct region of the hosted class.
- Parkersburg: Calhoun, Gilmer, Jackson, Mason, Putnam, Roane, Wirt, Wood
- Charleston: Boone, Cabell, Clay, Kanawha, Lincoln, Logan, Mingo, Wayne
- Complete all of the information.
- WVOEMS # is not applicable, if you do not have a WVOEMS account
- Verify account through the email you receive from PSTachio.
- Once you have verified your account, the respective PST Regional Coordinator and Specialist will receive a notification to approve your account.
- After your account has been approved, you need to log in using the email address and password you set up.
- Click Registration
- Enter the course number provided to you for the respective course.
- Parkersburg 21-XXX-05
- Charleston 21-XXX-03
- Press Enter after the course number is entered
- Click Register
- You should be rerouted to your Transcript.
**If you have taken PST courses but have never created an account or try to register and are prompted with an account already exists for that username, contact your local PST for a password reset.
**Using the email address and password will allow you to review your transcript for all PST classes you have taken since July 2016, provided you have used the same email address for each region. If you have taken a class and received a certificate, but it doesn’t show up on your transcript, contact the PST office for the area you took the course.
**If you are unable to log in, please contact Eva Godbey for a password reset. Eva.email@example.com or (304) 766-0011 ext. 22.