Date(s) - August 27
Vehicle Rescue Technician
This 16-hour class meets NFPA 1006 Ch.8, 2017 edition for Vehicle Rescue Technician. The textbook is “Vehicle Rescue and Extrication: Principles and Practice” 2nd Edition, by Jones and Bartlett. The same textbook is used for Vehicle Rescue Awareness, Operations and Technician classes. Prerequisite training is Vehicle Rescue Operations OR Vehicle and Machinery Rescue Level 1.
Class will be held at Quinwood VFD, starting at 8:00 am on Saturday, August 27, 2022. Instructor is Mike Vandall. Please email a copy of your Vehicle Rescue Operations certificate or Vehicle and Machinery Rescue Level 1 certificate to email@example.com.
Class size is limited. You must register to reserve your seat in the class.
PST Class Registrations
Go to: https://pstachio.wvnet.edu/
If you have taken classes with PST in the last several years, you may already have an account. If you think you may have an account:
- Click “LOG IN”
- Click “forgot password” – select your PST region (BECKLEY) from a drop‐down list. Enter your email address in the correct field and click “send password reset link.” This should send you a password reset email.
- Reset your password (from the email) and log into the system.
If you have taken classes with WVPST in the last several years, and get an error message that states: “The email address does not exist or has been soft-deleted” contact your local PST for a password reset.
If you don’t have an account:
- Click Register
- Under location, select the correct region of the hosted class.
- Complete all the information.
- WVOEMS # is not applicable, if you do not have a WVOEMS account
- Verify account through the email you receive from PSTachio.
- Once you have verified your account, the respective PST Regional Coordinator and Specialist will receive a notification to approve your account.
- After your account has been approved, you need to log in using the email address and password you set up.
After you are logged into PSTachio:
- Click Registration
- Enter the course number provided to you for the respective course.
- 23-047-01 Vehicle Rescue Technician
- Press Enter after the course number is entered
- Click Register
- You should be rerouted to your Transcript.
**Using the email address and password will allow you to review your transcript for all PST classes you have taken since July 2016, provided you have used the same email address for each region. If you have taken a class and received a certificate, but it doesn’t show up on your transcript, contact the PST office for the area you took the course.
**If you are unable to log in, please contact Angela Robinette for a password reset. firstname.lastname@example.org