Date(s) - August 12
Fire Officer 1 & 2
The combined Fire Officer 1 and Fire Officer 2 class meets NFPA 1021, 2020 edition. The text is Jones and Bartlett “Fire Officer Principles and Practice” Fourth Edition Premier Access. Participants must complete all homework assignments, take chapter quizzes, take the final tests, and score overall 70% or higher. Chapter quizzes will be 20% of the grade. The Portfolios (homework assignments) will be 30% of the grade. The Final Test will be 50% of the grade.
WV Public Service Training will be offering a Fire Officer 1 & 2 Online Course. The registration deadline is August 12, 2022. Class materials will be distributed to students after the registration deadline. There will not be an initial class meeting. Please register in PSTachio. We will email you all necessary forms.
Tuition, Book & online code: $220.00
Prerequisites: Fire Fighter I & II (After registering for the class though PSTachio, please email copies of your Fire Fighter 1 and Fire Fighter 2 certificates to: email@example.com) If you are a member of a department who will pay your tuition & book/code fees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a payment authorization form.
Junior fire fighters are not permitted to attend this course.
Instructor: Jason Redden
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED!! The registration deadline is August 12, 2022. You will complete all coursework online. You will be able to test at your local PST office.
There are a limited number of 20 seats available for this class. You must pre-register on the following website: PSTachio – Welcome (wvnet.edu)
PST Class Registrations
Go to: https://pstachio.wvnet.edu/
If you don’t have an account, click Register.
- Under location, select the correct region of the hosted class.
- Complete all the information.
- WVOEMS # is not applicable, if you do not have a WVOEMS account
- Verify account through the email you receive from PSTachio.
- Once you have verified your account, the respective PST Regional Coordinator and Specialist will receive a notification to approve your account.
- After your account has been approved, you need to log in using the email address and password you set up.
- Click Registration
- Enter the course number provided to you for the respective course. If you want to enroll in both Fire Officer 1 and Fire Officer 2, you must complete registration with both class numbers below:
- 23-045-01 Fire Officer 1
- 23-046-01 Fire Officer 2
- Press Enter after the course number is entered
- Click Register
- You should be rerouted to your Transcript.
**If you have taken PST courses but have never created an account or try to register and are prompted with an account already exists for that username, contact your local PST for a password reset.
**Using the email address and password will allow you to review your transcript for all PST classes you have taken since July 2016, provided you have used the same email address for each region. If you have taken a class and received a certificate, but it doesn’t show up on your transcript, contact the PST office for the area you took the course.
**If you are unable to log in, please contact Angela Robinette for a password reset. email@example.com